The pipeline repertoire of Ig-Seq analysis
- Subject Areas
- Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Immunology
- Antibody repertoire, V(D)J alignment, Pipeline, Ig-Seq, Pre-processing
- © 2018 López-Santibáñez-Jácome et al.
- This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, reproduction and adaptation in any medium and for any purpose provided that it is properly attributed. For attribution, the original author(s), title, publication source (PeerJ Preprints) and either DOI or URL of the article must be cited.
- Cite this article
- 2018. The pipeline repertoire of Ig-Seq analysis. PeerJ Preprints 6:e27444v1 https://doi.org/10.7287/peerj.preprints.27444v1
With the advent of high-throughput sequencing of immunoglobulins (Ig-Seq), the understanding of antibody repertoires and its dynamics among individuals and populations has become and exiting area of research. There are an increasing number of computational tools that aid in every step of the immune repertoire characterization. However, since not all tools function identically, every pipeline has its unique rationale and capabilities, creating a rich blend of useful features that may appear intimidating for newcomer laboratories with the desire to plunge into immune repertoire analysis to expand and improve their research; hence, all pipeline strengths and differences may not seem evident. In this review we provide an organized list of the current set of computational tools, focusing on their most attractive features and differences in order to carry out the characterization of antibody repertoires so that the reader better decides a strategic approach for the experimental design, and computational analyses of immune repertoires.
As the number and variety of pipelines for immune repertoire analysis flourish, a larger and more intricate network of their common functionalities and features also multiply. In this review, we focus on describing the current repertoire of pipeline´s common features and differences so that the reader better decides a strategic approach for the experimental design, and computational analyses of immune repertoires.