I am a quantitative and field marine ecologist focusing my research on sustainable management of coastal marine ecosystems such as the kelp forest. My research includes:
– Ecosystem wide effects of fishing in coastal rocky reefs
– The effects of climate change in kelp forest food webs
– Range expansion on the species interactions in complex coastal ecosystems: The Southern Sea Otter example.
– Long term large scale monitoring programs
– The effect of Marine Protected Areas in coastal ecosystems
– Open source – Open access ecological databases
– Conservation actions to enhance community functions, structure and resilience.