Senior Lecturer, Ex Head of Dept Health Sciences, University of Mauritius (UoM)
2003- 2008: Post Doctoral Research Fellow & Honorary Assistant Professor. University of Hong Kong (HKU).
2002-2003: Post Doctoral Research Associate (University of Portsmouth, UK)
• PhD (University of Hong Kong)
• BSc (Hons) : 1st Class (University of Mauritius). Double Gold Medalist
• Certificate of Teaching & Learning in Higher Education
Postgraduate scholarship, Wang Gungwu scholarship, Dean’s honors List, HKU awarded Research Fellowship (HKU), Recipient of Travel Awards (USA)
Research / academic activities
• I have secured more than 10 research grants
• 5 MPhil/PhD and previously supervised more than 50 undergraduate and MSc students.
• Editor for several journals and I have organised workshops, chairperson and moderator in conferences in international conferences.
• External Examiner/Moderator, Visiting Scholar at the Mae Fah Luang University, Thailand (July-Aug 2016).
• Acting & Head of the Dept of Health Sciences (2013-2015), Programme coordinator & project coordinator. Acting Dean on several occasions. Member of Academic Committees and Subject specialist (consultancy) to Tertiary Education Commission & Mauritius Qualification Authority and represent the University on several on other committees.
100 international publications in peer reviewed journals, with nearly 3000 citations and H index of 31.