Current Position: Associate Professor
Previous Positions: Senior Lecturer, Head of Dept Health Sciences, Acting Dean of Faculty of Science,University of Mauritius (UoM).
2016-2018: Visiting Professor and External Examiner (Mae Fah Luang University, Thailand)
2002- 2008: Post Doctoral Research Fellow & Honorary Assistant Professor. University of Hong Kong (HKU); Post Doctoral Research Associate (University of Portsmouth, UK)
• PhD (University of Hong Kong, HKU)
• BSc (Hons) : 1st Class (University of Mauritius). Double Gold Medalist
• Certificate of Teaching & Learning in Higher Education
Postgraduate scholarship, Wang Gungwu scholarship, Dean’s honors List, HKU awarded competitive Research Fellowship (HKU), Recipient of Travel Awards (USA), best oral presentations in conferences etc..
Research / academic activities
• I have secured more than 11 research grants & currently supervising 5 PhD students and training number of overseas students and researchers (China, India, Thailand etc).
• Successfully supervised 13 MPhil/PhD students who graduated & more than 80 undergraduate and MSc students.
• Editor for several high impact factor journals ; organised workshops; given invited talks; chairperson and moderator in local & international conferences.
> 150 international publications in peer reviewed journals, with over 4800 citations and H index of 36. Papers in top tier journals with impact factor of 14, 11, 4, 3, 2,1 etc..