As co-founder of the HUPO Proteomics Standards Initiative (PSI), Henning Hermjakob contributed to the development of a broad range of community data representation standards for proteomics and interactomics. Based on the trust and collaborative spirit built up in the development of data representation standards, he coordinated the next step, the intensive collaboration of proteomics and interactomics data resources globally in the IMEx  and ProteomeXchange  consortia, providing infrastructure support for the move towards an open data culture in proteomics. Building on his experience in interactomics, he is now co-PI of the Reactome Pathways database  and the BioModels resource of systems biology models . Current research interests comprise distributed data resources (http://omicsdi.org) and complex data visualisation.
1. Fabregat A, et al. The Reactome pathway Knowledgebase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016 Jan 4;44(D1):D481-7.
2. Chelliah V, et al. BioModels: ten-year anniversary. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015 Jan;43 (Database issue):D542-8.
3. Orchard S, et al. Protein interaction data curation: the International Molecular Exchange (IMEx) consortium. Nat Methods. 2012 Mar 27;9(4):345-350.
4. Vizcaíno JA, et al. ProteomeXchange provides globally coordinated proteomics data submission and dissemination. Nat Biotechnol. 2014 Mar 10;32(3):223-6.
5. Lander ES, et al. Initial sequencing and analysis of the human genome.
Nature. 2001 Feb 15;409(6822):860-921.