Organic chemist, the candidate will be involved as a medicinal chemist in a multidisciplinary project integrating a team of chemists (the host team), biologists (project leader) and geneticists.
The objectives are the development a proof of concept on the possibilities of treating a rare disease, the Giant Axon Neuropathy, by a combined approach using small molecules (chemical approach) and genetics.
- Synthesis, purification and characterization of small molecule-based chemical libraries focused on hit compounds.
- Development of a fragment-based approach to explore chemical space and propose new directions to optimize these hits.
- Interact with biology team to identify important structural feature for structure-activity relationships.
- Present the results and work perspectives in meetings between the different partners.
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of organic synthesis, multi-step syntheses
- Working under inert atmosphere, purification
- 1H, 13C, 31P NMR characterization, mass spectrometry
- Use of Reaxys, SciFinder
- Knowledge in medicinal chemistry would be appreciated
- Report writing
- Written and oral reporting during meetings between the different partners
- Ability to work in a demanding environment, while respecting safety rules