Employment and Experience
2006-present, Associate Professor, College of Life Sciences, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
2005-2006, Lecture, Department of Biology, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
2003-2005, Postdoc, Enzymology Laboratory, Department of Biology, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Honors and Distinctions
2008 Li Shizhen Pharmaceutical Innovation Award.
2008 3rd Award of Beijing Science and Technology.
2010 Lu Jiaxi Young Talent Award from Chinese Academy of Sciences.
2011 2nd Award for Achievement in Scientific Research and Technology Progress.
2013 Excellent Member of Youth Innovation Promotion Association, CAS.
Fields of Research Interest
Obesity, Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome, Cancer.
1. The structure, enzymatic characteristic and catalytic mechanism of fatty acid synthase (FAS).
2. The relationship between animal FAS activity and obesity.
3. The function, mechanism and biochemical property of natural FAS inhibitors, as well structural optimization of lead compounds.
4. The effects of FAS in the whole cell cycle.
5. The therapeutic potential of FAS regulation in treatment of obesity and obesity attended diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular diseases.