Senior Researcher at the National Council of Research, Institute of Coastal and Environmental Research, U.O.S. of Taranto. She is experienced in marine microbiology and ecology with regard to:
- Microbial communities and relationships between bacteria and marine organisms
- Immunology and defensive chemical strategies in marine organisms with particular attention to bioactive compounds with antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antitumor activity for applicative purposes and evolutionary considerations
- Toxicological assays
- Study of microbial contaminants in the marine environment and consequences for the aquaculture activity
- Waste management: bioremediation of microbial contamination through the employment of filter-feeders marine organisms
- Bacterial biodiversity in water samples and sediment with particular attention to heterotrophic bacteria and vibrios.