• Pharmacist with a microbiology PhD, focused on the surveillance, epidemiology and molecular characterization of Salmonella non-typhoid and other pathogens (Enterococcus, E. coli) resistant to antibiotics and tolerant to metals/biocides from different clinical (hospital, community) and non-clinical settings (food products, animal and environment).
• Experience in the detection, identification and typing of foodborne pathogens in diverse matrices (food products/bacterial strains) by potential alternative (quick and low-cost) methodologies, Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS) and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR).
• 8 years evidenced experience across a range of classic (microbial detection and identification by culture methodologies, antimicrobial susceptibility assays, DNA extraction) and molecular (PCR, sequencing, Southern-Blot, hybridization, PFGE, RFLP, MLST) laboratory methodologies, as well as several bioinformatics tools (ClustalW, BLAST, GENEIOUS, Infoquest, RAST, SPAdes, SPSS).
• Published 4 first author with a focus on metal tolerance in Salmonella and Enterococcus and 12 co-author manuscripts in high-impact scientific journals.
• Team member of 1 international and 5 national projects;
• Experience as co-supervisor, jury in scientific meetings and academic degrees and editorial participation in peer-reviewed journals.