Hardik R Mody
I am a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Ohio State University.
My projects are:
• Evaluating various microRNA candidates for therapeutic applications in cancer.
• Designing nanoparticle formulations for delivering microRNAs as potential cancer therapies.
• Identifying molecular targets involved in metastasis with their potential applications for cancers.
• Optimizing drug combination regimens for cancer treatments.
My technical skills include:
• Experience working with in vivo models including orthotopic xenograft, syngeneic allograft, and genetically engineered mouse models. Hands-on experience includes surgeries, drug dosing, studying tumor burden, metastasis & molecular studies with excised tumor specimens with basic PK/PD studies.
• Highly skilled mammalian cell culture techniques. Experience working with cancer cell lines, cancer-associated fibroblasts, stromal & normal primary epithelial cells.
• Experience with cellular assays like growth, migration, invasion, & luciferase-based reporter assays.
• Experience with chemotherapeutics (single/combination), determining IC50s, CI index scores.
• Expertise in techniques like MTT assay, western blotting, immunostaining, and ELISA.
• Experience in molecular biology techniques like RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis, RT-PCR, plasmid purification, lentiviral & retroviral-based gene transfection, and cloning.
• Experience with nanoparticle formulations, optimizations, characterizations, & in vitro-in vivo applications.