I am a researcher at CNR-ISTI, working in the area of Multimedia Information Systems.
I graduated in Computer Science at the University of Pisa, Italy, in 1992 and was awarded a PhD in Computer Science at the University of Dortmund, Germany, in 2002.
I have participated in several EC funded research actions in the areas of Digital Libraries, Multimedia Information Retrieval, and Wireless Sensor Networks. The most recent:
- I was Technical director of the Multimatch project (http://www.multimatch.eu), funded by the EC in the IST program.
- I was coordinator of the VISITO Tuscany project (http://www.visitotuscany.it), co-funded by the EC and the Tuscany Region, under the ERDF program.
- I was Work Package leader in the ASSETS project (http://www.assets4europeana.eu) funded by the EC
- I was CNR Scientific Coordinator in the RUBICON project (http://fp7rubicon.eu), funded by the EC.
- I am Work Package leader in the EAGLE project (http://www.eagle-network.eu/), funded by the EC.
Specialties: Multimedia Information Retrieval, Similarity Search.